Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Growing Sweet Potatoes in a Bag

Available at this link
The 1st thing I'm trying from the Extension Center's class on Urban Farmsteading, is going to be growing sweet potatoes in a bag. With our iffy spring weather and the sweet potatoes long growing season, I'm hopeing I can just bring the bags into our warm house and plop them under grow lights if this fall turns cool to early.
Gayla Trail from yougrowgirl.com has a wonderful article on how to grow sweet potatoes in a bag over at The Globe and Mail click here to read . She explains how she re-purposes over-sized green shopping tote bags for her grow bags. This is just perfect for me. I have so many of those black reusable shopping bags that I have not been using since I replaced them with my home-sewed bags. If this works well I plan to try carrots in grow bags. We've never had much luck growing carrots in our clay soil.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great idea, Pacy. Anything to help things grow! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin