1. Plant something – Potted the garden chives and moved them into the kitchen for the cold months.
2. Harvest something –Green Peppers. Tomatoes, Potatoes.
3. Preserve something – 1 case of quart jars filled with spaghetti sauce
4. Reduce waste – Recycling cans, using cloth napkins and handkerchiefs, using homemade laundry soap, saving old jeans to reupholster a chair with.
5. Preparation and Storage – Nothing this time.
6. Build Community Food Systems – Began my water storage.
7. Eat the Food – Spaghetti Sauce
8. Learn something –
* Continuing to take the Preserving food at home online self study course offered thru the National Center for Home Food Preservation and the University of Georgia,
* Reading about raising Llamas
9. Simple Living –
* Spent the day at the Zoo with DD, DGD and DSG. DD packed a lovely lunch and we used the aluminum Pepsi bottles with cork stoppers to carry our drinks from home. We had a lovely day and the only money we spent was for the gas to drive to the Zoo.
* Celebrated DGS’s first birthday and then the next week we celebrated my mother’s birthday with a great dinner and a family game of Monopoly.
* Yesterday and today we tore down the garden for the year.
* Continued making Christmas gifts. Sewing DGD school clothes
* Finished reading The Sword of the Lady by S. M. Stirling, Received 2 more books thru The Paperpack Swap to add to my reading list.
10. To Do –
* Finish sewing DGD school clothes
* freeze remainder of green peppers.