Sunday, July 26, 2009

Free Online Class

I spent the evening with the FoodSaver®, vacuuming up bags of dried rice, pinto beans and mashed potato’s for the pantry. I picked basil leaves from my garden and have the 1st batch in the dehydrator and now I have to can some relish and some diced tomatoes from my garden. I was looking around the internet for a diced tomato canning recipe when I came across this free online course on preserving offered thru
the National Center for Home Food Preservation,
I’m all signed up, I really need a brush up on the new canning techniques.

.

Here’s the preview the first steps of the course.

.
.
.
and the how to for signing up.
.
.
.
Announcing a free, self-paced, online course
for those wanting to learn more about home canning and preservation.
Introduction to Food Preservation
  1. General Canning
  2. Canning Acid Foods
  3. Canning Low-Acid Foods

This course is offered in the University of Georgia WebCT system.

UGA requires registration for you to receive a login.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin