Friday, July 24, 2009

I made this bread




I still can’t believe it. I’ve made bread the old fashioned way, and have a bread machine and use it often in the fall and winter. But I never thought I’d find a way to make bread as simple as, drop in all the ingredients, mix with a spoon, dump it in a large plastic container, then let it sit for a couple of hours, put it in the frig, and when the mood strikes me, scoop out a piece of dough about the size of a grapefruit and sprinkle it with flour then pop it in the oven and tadah you've got bread.
I saw the author, Jeff Hertzberg, on a morning show demonstrating his recipe from his book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day and I couldn’t believe it was this simple.


I did some searching on the web and found his website at http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/. It still looked to easy so I searched some more and couldn’t believe all the positive comments I read about his bread. On top of that I found many websites and blogs that posted his recipe from his book, a blog I found listing the recipe even had a comment from Jeff Hertzberg in which he said this:


***********************

jhertz10 said...
Wow Alexandra, beautiful loaves. Thanks for trying our method-- I'm Jeff Hertzberg, one of the co-authors of the book. Come visit us on the web at www.artisanbreadinfive.com, and you can post questions into any "Comments" field, or into the "Bread Questions" field on the left side of the homepage.



************************


I couldn’t believe it. He didn’t even to care if you posted the recipe out of his book on the web, hey, why buy the book then? Well after I baked his bread the first time I was on my way to the bookstore to buy the book and try our his other bread recipes. Since then I’ve baked more bread as loafs, artisan style and sticky cinnamon rolls, next it will be pizza and I can’t wait yum.
There’s a great tutorial with the recipe and lots of informative pictures at Alexandra's Kitchen blog, http://alexandracooks.blogspot.com/2008/06/artisan-bread-in-five-minutes-day.html
Who would have tunk it, Simple living this easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin