Sunday, February 14, 2010

What were up to

Last November after Thanksgiving, our local Veggie Stand had a close out on fresh Pineapple. I snatched them up and my husband and I canned them in a very light syrup. We just popped open the 1st jar to have with some Ham for dinner. The only word to describe this is YUMMY, it is so much better than store bought canned pineapple. I found the directions to can the pineapple here.

Canning our pineapple was such a success that as soon as I read Marisa's post at FOOD IN JARS for canning mandarin oranges I knew we were going to can some, Her tutorial, Click here, makes it look so easy and fun and mandarin oranges are a staple food for my Grand kids. So today it's the Olympics and canning clementines

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin