Saturday, January 2, 2010

Homemade Marshmallows


My Darling Granddaughter spent the night tonight, so this evening we made homemade marshmallows to go with our hot cocoa. I found the recipe at Cooking From Scratch. Ours didn't come out as big and pretty as her's did but they tasted fantastic in our hot cocoa. Besides the fact that I was cooking with a 5 year old, I think we were also hampered by the fact that I was using a hand mixer instead of the stand mixer that she recommended. I think I would of gotten the batter much stiffer so they would of held the puffy fat shape more. Ours are only about 1/3 of an inch thick. Also we used a plastic bag with a corner cut off instead of a pastry bag. But hey, As taste goes we agree with the Cooking from Scratch blog when she stated, "in a blind taste test, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell the difference." In fact I think these tasted much better than store bought marshmallows! And I love the fact that I know the ingredients in them and my GD and I had a ball making them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin